Friday, February 27, 2015

New York City

I went to New York City. Not only for the first time in my life, but twice in two weeks. The first time with my female parental, the second time all by my lonesome.

The main reason for visiting The Big Apple was for college auditions. Planning this trip really came up out of the blue. Even five months ago, traveling to auditions was a faint possibility that I wasn't sure I was considering. I guess I knew it was inevitable, that I'd have to travel, but it was always on the back of my mind.

My mom and I were in New York January 12th to the 18th, during which time we also visited Rhode Island and New Hampshire. This was the first time we'd ever gone to New England, and I loved it. I couldn't get over how cute and quaint everything was. And being the history buff that I am, I really enjoyed how New England is completely surrounded by it.

We flew back home, and then I went back out to New York on the 22nd. Now, this was the first time I've ever gone on a trip by myself, so I was naturally very excited. I tried my best to fit in, and not give off an obvious I'M-A-TOURIST aura. I wanted my presence to scream "Native New Yorker".

I had such a good time. The auditions were my priority, but they only took up one day, so I had a couple to just explore. I saw Chicago on Broadway, walked around Central Park, went to the New York Historical Society, and walked the High Line, among other things.

I tried to vlog and took some pictures.





Thanks for reading, no one!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment