Wednesday, October 15, 2014

#17: Watch a Complete Series

I originally had a really big idea for this post, and am slightly sad that it never came to fruition.

Have you heard of Monk? It's one of my all time favorite shows, and I was going to write all about it. I've already watched it through a couple of times, but I wanted to figure out the "numbers" of the show. In other words, I wanted to count all the murders that took place over the course of the series, the number of times someone tries to kill Adrian, the number of times Adrian is shown in an outfit other than his signature slacks and button down.

But life happened, and watching was put on hold. We only own the DVDs, so it's not like I can watch anywhere and everywhere like I can with something on Netflix, and we have yet to buy the last season. I've been watching other things while watching Monk again, so it hasn't been my top priority. And really, I've already seen every episode several times, so it's not like I'm watching something new (and am therefore kind of cheating on this task).

So, I will be writing about something else.


I really, really, really like history. And, consequently, I really, really, really like everything about the Titanic. Like, a lot. 

So when I saw this series available on Netflix, I got super excited. 

That excitement quickly turned into anxiety, however, when I saw that it would only be on Netflix until the 14th. So, I assumed binge-watching mode and got to work.

I really enjoyed this. The costumes were amazing, and, being a history nerd, I really appreciate getting a glimpse into how life was way back when.

There were a lot of aspects/subplots to this series, which I think was a double edged sword. On the one hand, it kept everything interesting, but at times it seemed a bit overwhelming and hard to follow.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I'M AN 18 YEAR OLD SOCIALLY INEPT FEMALE WHO HAS WATCHED THREE SEASONS OF HOUSE IN A WEEK DON'T LISTEN TO ME



Thanks for reading, no one!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment