Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Few Things Checked Off

I was reading over my 101 in 1001 list for the umpteenth time, and realized that I've actually completed a few things without knowing. Yay for unintentional progress!

#7.1, #7.2: Try 10 New Restaurants

While in Washington DC over Spring Break, I had the opportunity to try a couple of new restaurants. The first I tried was Chipotle (I know, I'm a little late to the Chipotle train). It was amazing. So amazing, in fact, that my brother and I had it again at the airport on the way home. I had a salad with chicken and black beans the first time, and a burrito bowl with chicken, black beans, and rice at the airport.


The second restaurant was called The Protein Bar. This place was right up my alley. The entire menu is full of natural, clean, high protein meals that were delicious. We also visited this place twice, only because we had no idea when we'd be able to come back. They have locations in DC, Colorado, and Chicago. Our first visit I had a black bean quinoa bowl, and the second time I had a Memphis Salad.





#8: Go to a Museum

Coincidentally, this also occurred during my Washington DC trip. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of checking this off while I was writing my post. The entire city really is one big museum.

#9: Go Abroad

A little over a week ago, my cousin, mom, and I went on a short cruise to Mexico. When I had originally wrote my 101 in 1001 list, I listed "Go Abroad" with the intention of going to Europe. It didn't even really feel like I went abroad (we were in Ensenada for a few hours, but that was our only international port), but I guess it still counts!





Thanks for reading, no one!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment