So, as thinking about the past year brings up some unwanted and unpleasant emotions, I've decided to answer a list of questions I found on Tumblr instead of write some heartfelt essay about the trials and tribulations of life.
1. Describe your year in one word.
2. Describe your year in three words.
Full of change
3. Describe your year in one sentence.
It's been difficult, but I've learned a lot.
4. Describe your year with song lyrics.
I just spent 13 minutes trying to answer this so I'm going to skip it.
5. Describe your year with a quote.
"This too shall pass."
6. Best memories from 2014?
Visiting Washington DC with my brother was pretty cool.
7. Worst memories from 2014?
Everyday I was depressed and all the unfortunate changes in my appearance.
8. Biggest surprise from 2014?
Showing myself that I am capable of going after my dreams.
9. If you could change one thing about the past year what would it be?
Not having an eating disorder
10. If you could relive one day from 2014 what would it be?
Probably Christmas Day, as it came and went way too quickly
11. What's the strangest thing that happened to you in 2014?
Hitting rock bottom a second time
12. If you got the chance to relive this year would you do it?
13. Describe your year with a picture.
14. Who were the most meaningful people in your life this year?
My friend, Jessica.
15. Did any major life changes happen to you?
16. Who's the coolest person you met in 2014?
are cats people
17. Any regrets concerning the past year?
18. What is the most memorable thing that happened to you in 2014?
Gaining some control over my eating disorder
19. Would you say you had a good year?
Is this even a question
20. What's the greatest achievement you made this year?
Getting accepted to four colleges early, although I feel pretty indifferently about it.
21. Name one meaningful song for every month of the year.
This is too strenuous of a question, so I'm just going to say that The Pretty Reckless album that came out this year has gotten me through a lot.
22. What's the best thing someone has said to you this year?
"You have talent." and "I believe in you."
23. What's the worst thing someone has said to you this year?
"You are selfish, rude, and cynical."
24. What's the best gift you have received this year?
I got some Studio Beats headphones for Christmas, those were cool.
25. Best book you read?
Nope, can't choose one. I really enjoyed all the books I read this year.
26. Best TV show you watched?
30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Bob's Burgers, Monk, House (to be fair I had already seen most of these)
27. Best movie you saw in 2014?
A Million Ways to Die in the West
28. Best song you heard in 2014?
All the songs on The Pretty Reckless album
29. Most boring day of the year?
30. Saddest day of the year?
Too many to pick just one
31. Scariest moments in 2014?
Just my all around decline
32. Share the best picture you took in 2014.
33. Did 2014 meet your expectations?
34. Would you say you changed this year?
35. Did this year teach you anything?
Oh, yes. It made every flaw and imperfection that I have known to an astounding level. It taught me that I am a failure and am an acne covered sack of sludge. But it also taught me that I am capable of pushing myself, I am capable of achieving things that I only dream about. It taught me that I have the potential to do great things.
Thanks for reading, no one!